Monday, November 29, 2010

Nail Polish: Color Club "Mrs. Robinson"

I'm dying to do an entry on skincare since it's my latest preoccupation, but all I have time for lately are the weekly manicure snapshots.  Behold this week's:




It's definitely not my typical colour but I thought it would perk me up during the final round of essays and exams.  Well, I was wrong.  When in doubt or in need of a pick-me-up, go for the true and tried.  I feel uncomfortable with this shade on my fingertips for some reason and I can't wait for a chip so that I can rub it off and put on a murky muddy shade to make me feel better.

This is the only Color Club nail polish I own, and I picked it up because it was ridiculously cheap and the shade was rather unique.  In real life it's not as pink and a little more magenta, so it's slightly complex, and I just could not capture its true colour with the camera and lighting today.  It applies similarly to an Essie polish (2 coats will do, though I applied 3) and the shade comes off rather flat on the nails, so I added a glossy topcoat.

What are your pick-me-up nail polish shades?

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Rimmel funtime fuschia is my pick me up! But it does feel kinda weird too ;D Your Mrs. Robinson looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.