Thursday, November 25, 2010

Nail Polish: Essie "Masquerade Belle"

Man, the glitter from Absolutely Alice was a pain to remove.  A salesgirl at Holt Renfrew kindly informed me that  Deborah Lippmann's "The Stripper" polish remover will take off glitter with minimal issues, but I didn't quite believe her.  Now I wish I had picked it up to at least test it out.  End result: I had to deal with good old Life brand from Shoppers Drug Mart.  Maybe I'll request The Stripper for Christmas - please and thank you, Santa!  (Wow, that sounded dirty.)

Moving on.  Today's polish is from Essie's 2010 winter collection.  It's remarkably similar to Essie's "Wicked", which is one of my all-time faves, but "Masquerade Belle" is visibly redder and not as black.

with flash

without flash
Masquerade Belle on left; Wicked on right
(Apologies for the poor lighting.  It seems I need a new camera for Christmas as well!)

I love deep dramatic colours more and more as the weather gets colder.  As fabulous as Absolutely Alice was, it started to feel a little ridiculous after three days.  Back to my regular moody shades!  It's also a little more work-appropriate for tomorrow.  Tell me: are you digging Essie's winter collection?

2 comments:

  1. Love the masquerade belle colour! Looks so pretty on your nails! :) x

    http://therealsteph.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please refrain from including self-promotional links and URLs - such comments will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.