Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nail Polish: OPI "Absolutely Alice"

I found this in a discount bin for marked down polishes and was surprised to find a remnant of the popular Alice in Wonderland series.  Now I regret overlooking the collection, because the one I really covet is "Mad as the Hatter."  Mine is is "Absolutely Alice":



[Note:  In person, the glitter is more gold than silver.  The blue and the sparkle look different under different lighting.]

It's definitely not my usual colour.  You may have noticed my love of murky and unusual shades.  However, I've been drawn more and more to sparkles lately and thought this would temporarily satisfy my craving for Deborah Lippmann's "Across the Universe."  How silly of me, for they are two very very different things.  I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going claim "Across the Universe" as well as Chanel's "Riva."  (That will be my December splurge.)  For now I'll enjoy these blinged out fingertips until my next mani session.

[Edit:  I went out with my blue satin Hogan bag today and realized that the nails totally matched the bag in the most awesome way!  Just had to share it with you all, so here's a peek.]

5 comments:

  1. This colour is really pretty!!

    Marietta
    www.boutiqueamelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture really doesn't do it justice. But I did get a lot of compliments on it today while out and about running some errands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color on you! And I always find its such a nice surprise when you coordinate without really trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it? Although, I think I subconsciously reached for the matching blue!

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion and thanks for your comment!

Please note that comments containing links will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.