Saturday, January 22, 2011

7 Things About Me

Lately I've been enjoying Maria/Falsie Love's blog and came across this post that revealed 7 interesting things about her.  Because I can go on forever and ever given the opportunity, I could do "7 things" very easily.
  1. I'm a very extreme person. Either I'm all in or all out. Trying to be moderate and in between is very difficult for me and I have to very consciously think about where I am and how I feel, instead of reacting passionately to something or coldly walking away.  This goes for everything: people, situations, commitments, etc.  With regard to beauty products, I was "all in" and now I'm trying to be moderate.  Very very difficult.
  2. I am not a morning person at all, and winter mornings in particular just about slay me.  I like to sleep for as long as possible as much as possible.  It is unwise to disturb me on a winter morning commute to a distasteful place, such as work, especially if I haven't had my morning caffeine.
  3. Speaking of commuting, once my leg fell in the gap between the subway platform and the train.  You've seen the signs: MIND THE GAP.  I mind the gap all the time, but I jumped into a full train, bounced off someone's back, and my right leg fell in the gap while my left leg was in the train.  Then the door closed on me but it had to be reopened since I was trapped.  I was wearing a miniskirt that day, and as I was laying there in a daze, all I could think was that someone was looking at how the purple underwear totally matched the purple Starbucks travel mug that was still firmly grasped in my right hand.  Story for the ages!
  4. I am 32 years old, and I totally don't feel my age.  When I was 20, I felt 40.  And now I feel 20.  I really sympathize with people going through mid-life crisis.  The world tells you such and such is the system, but you haven't gone through all the steps in synch with everybody else.  But marching to your own rhythm is just so damn satisfying.
  5. Up until halfway through 2010, I was a high heels fiend.  I would spend all day in heels and run around the city in them without having to change.  In September I even took part in a high heel sprint, which I did not win or place anywhere near the top, but I got a swag bag out of it and it was tons of fun.  These days, however, I love my warm flat Stella McCartney for Adidas snow boots more than anything else.
  6. I live in Toronto, Canada, and have not lived anywhere else since my family and I immigrated here in the late 80s.  Lately I've been imagining myself in other places, though, so who knows what may happen in the future?
  7. Despite the stylish image I like to project, I'm a huge geek.  I love the original Star Wars movies, action movies, video games... the nerdy guy stuff.  Sometimes I cringe a little while watching The Big Bang Theory because I realize I understand too many of the hardcore nerd jokes.  I love this scene of James McAvoy on Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Patrick Stewart, because... have you watched Star Trek: Next Generation?  Spot on.  (Oh, and Scottish accents?  Hot.)
Well, hope that tells you a little bit more about me, and I would love to read what 7 things you write up about yourself!  I encourage you to do a post and I will definitely check it out!

6 comments:

  1. I loved reading that about you! I do admit, the gap one made me laugh out loud - I feel bad about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad; it was meant to be laughed at! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love this. I am definitely going to do one of these, it's so nice to get to know your fellow bloggers in a more personal way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do! Would love to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great read! :) It's so nice to get to know you a bit better! Matching mug & underwear - priceless!! I laughed my socks off! :D Have you ever considered being a comedian?? Oh and The Big Bang Theory ha! I don't understand them at all, but just seeing them cracks me up! Great show! Scottish accents hot? Ooooh aye! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please refrain from including self-promotional links and URLs - such comments will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.