Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nail Polish: Chanel Pulsion

It looks like I get an A+ for blogging and F for essaying. I am so distracted, it's not funny!

I can't stand it when I wear a nail colour that I don't like looking at. It was the case with the NYX Mango Cafe, so I found myself rummaging through my stash for a good replacement. Nothing seemed to suit, and I remembered that I hadn't even taken Pulsion out of the box.


There was a lot of hype over Riva but Pulsion received little attention in comparison. I grabbed both at the same time. Now ordinarily this kind of pink-fuschia shade doesn't call to me, but I think Chanel's masterful packaging somehow makes what looks trashy or ordinary in other bottles look refined and vibrant in theirs. Here's the promotional pic:


And here's how it turned out on me. Unlike Riva, it applied like a dream, almost fully in one coat. (I applied two just in case.) Very smooth, not runny or watery or goopy - the consistency is perfect. I also have Blue Satin but have not tried it for a long time so I can't really compare them and determine whether Chanel polishes are as great as some people claim they are. I'm going mostly by colour - the more unique it is, the more likely I am to pick it up. (No to Mimosa, yes to Graphite!)




It's very juicy and vibrant and perfect for toes in the summer. I don't dislike it on my nails and I might even love it with a cleaner manicure, but for some reason I'm picturing this lovely fuschia peeping out from clean white sandals. It looks like my mind is on a vacation already... one more week to go before the academic torture ends! I'm sure there will be a few more polish change-ups before then. Afterwards I'll do a quick review on OPI Drying Drops, then it's a dive back into the inventories and a review of how I'm progressing.

It's raining a lot here today and of course today is the day I have to hit the campus library to research. I hope you're all having a much more fun and relaxing weekend than I am!

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!!!! It looks fantastic on your nails! I love it when a polish goes on easily. This is on my list if I can find it.
    Good luck on your research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know when someone says 'it's like the perfect pink'...that is like the perfect pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I love Chanel nail lacquers so much, I could cry, because most of the time I can't bring myself to drop the cash on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies. I'm actually growing to like it more and more each time I look.

    @Carrie - That's why I only have three and I've yet to explore the Chanel range of makeup beyond the polish. (Though I did sample in the past and loved!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.