Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nail Polish: Lise Watier Ȋle Déserte

I discovered my new fave summer neutral nail colour. Behold Lise Watier Ȋle Déserte:


Note the tiny microflecks of gold, red and green within the bronze fluid. I'm in love!


Like Fun in the Sun, Ȋle Déserte has a flawless application that goes on smoothly and easily in two thin coats. I was very pleasantly surprised, as pale shimmery metallics usually require at least three. Well done, Lise Watier!

I applied my usual Sally Hansen base coat and Seche Vite top coat, and the polish wear has been going strong all week. There's not a chip or a scratch in sight. I imagine this colour will look gorgeous with glowy tanned skin and all-white summer outfit. It's also much more interesting than the usual yellow-gold tone.






Usually I have to try to coordinate my clothing with whatever nail colour I have on at the moment, but this week I didn't have to worry about clashing. It's been an exhausting week (it's only Wed!) and I don't have the time or energy to do my nails until the weekend, so I'm lucky to have chosen this flatter-everything shade.

For us lucky Canadians, this nail polish can be found for $12 at your nearest Lise Watier counter at your local Shoppers Drug Mart. I'm thinking of getting a back-up for the first time... I love it that much.

What's your summer neutral pick and when was the last time you bought a back-up?

10 comments:

  1. *GROAN* It's so beautiful! It sort of reminds me of my very favorite nail polish, Dior Gold Revolution, except this one is bronzier and the Dior is a weird mix of silver and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Carrie! I hate teasing you with this but it's too good not to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh.....that's a beaut! I love how "antique-y" it looks; I just hate blingy golds, but this one's so pretty...looks great on you Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be up on the Lise Watier e-Boutique shortly! wwww.lisewatier.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Eugenia - Thanks! Antique-y is a nice way of putting it. :D

    @Karine - Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm normally not a fan of bronze/gold polish but this one's gorgeous! Your nails are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for flattering with everything shades! Turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.