Monday, October 31, 2011

Beauty Reductionista is 1 year old!

Exactly one year ago today, it was not only Halloween 2010 but the day I became so bored and restless that Beauty Reductionista was created and I proceeded to push out five posts in rapid succession all day long. Who would have thought that a year later, we'd still be wading through so many products together?!?


Thank you so much for reading! It means a lot to me to know we not only share an insane love for beauty but just as insane an obsession to control and manage our material collection. I fear finding and maintaining that balance between the two ends is not just a 365-day task but a lifelong journey. Isn't it so strange how a beautiful lipstick can cheer us up on a gloomy day, and how the act of presenting the best version of ourselves can also manifest in becoming that best version? Yet if I am not careful, often I fall prey to depending on a purchase to lift my spirits rather than facing and conquering the true issues that plague my mind on a daily basis and the wrong mask can become my permanent face.

In the next few months or more, I'll be revisiting my inventory posts and reassessing how I've reduced (or not) in various areas and categories. In between the re-inventories, I'll also continue exploring the issues relating to beauty that we live with and struggle with.

Classical Beauty, Godward

For as long as concepts of beauty, time and history remain in flux, they're worth discussing, wouldn't you say?

*passes cupcakes & champagne all around* =)

34 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the first year milestone. I'm looking forward to reading your posts in the coming year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, happy blogiversary, lovely! :) *snags a cupcake*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween and Blog Anniversary!
    I don't think I would have reduced as much this year if it weren't for you. Thank you bunches for starting Beauty Reductionista, Liz, you're still my hero ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary my friend!! I'm with Ashley-you're me reducing hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first blogiversary! :) *takes a glass of champagne* A toast to more of your insightful posts, less beauty clutter and more good things all around!

    PS. Happy Halloween! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very best wishes on your blog anniversary! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! I've had such a wonderful time getting to know you, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^^ Happy blogiversary & Happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the great milestone!! It's been a pleasure reading your posts, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *passes on the champagne but happily snags a cupcake* Happy Blogaversary Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, happy anniversary! :D

    I want a cupcake so bad now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!
    (ps I'm 2 down on my project-13-empties)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday/Anniversary/Blogaversary!!!!

    I think discussions of beauty will always be relevant, the styles may change but our love of it seems to be eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!! Cheers to more products to empty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, cupcakes! Happy blog anniversary :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday, dear Beauty Reductionista! I am grateful for informational yet entertaining blogs like yourself. May you stay long with us.
    *passes on cupcakes and grabs the bottle of champagne* Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Hallowversary! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday/Anniversary/Blog-Aversary, my friend!!! May you continue to evolve while having such fun, and never stop teaching the rest of us about all the stuff we DON'T need!! Love ya lots...hugs! xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blog Birthday Liz! So glad I came across your blog through some blog-hopping (who needs bar-hopping when you can blog-hop to your hearts delight at home in PJs?!!). Love your writing style and your "Empties" posts. Can't wait to read your posts regarding the topic of beauty and see what kind of discuss it generates. :)

    Blog on, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you got bored and started a blog because yours is one of the ones I most enjoy reading. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy blog anniversary Liz! I really enjoy reading your blog and look forward to your posts in the many years to come! Yay for cupcakes! :]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, girls!!! I'm so happy to know you all. :)

    @Lindsay - I LOVE jumping into my PJs and surfing the blogosphere!

    @Dee - I know it's truly high praise coming from you. Thanks again! ;)

    On a side note, it's interesting to see who prefers cupcakes and/or champagne. I wish we could do this for real!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations my dear!! YAY One Year!! I can't say enough how inspiring your posts are, you manage to merge introspectiveness, utter hilarity, and great (or not so great!) beauty finds all in one, which is truly a feat. Here's to many more awesome blogging years!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww! Isn't it amazing how much we've learned together in just one year? I can't imagine it doing without you. :`)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Blog-a-versary Liz, I feel like I've been with you much of the way. I've enjoyed your blog so much & love the way your write. I look forward to what's to come, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have, Tracy, and I'm so glad we're still active together in the blogosphere! :) Thanks so much and I look forward to many posts on both of our blogs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy belated blog-a-versary! I'm behind on my blog reading and just catching up.Keep on doing what you are doing -- always excellent to read!

    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks, Michelle! You've been a great blogger rolemodel for me when I first started. It means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion and thanks for your comment!

Please note that comments containing links will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.