Friday, April 27, 2012

Weekend Cheer

In an effort to bring some cheer into a grueling work week, I find myself turning to a lot of music, television and videos that generally have a happifying* effect.

*a non-word coined by me 

I've shared a lot of them on Twitter, but some are guilty pleasures/secrets or old clips that I like to rewatch now and then. I still don't have anything makeup-related to talk about, so I just wanted to share some of these and hope you'll have a laugh with me.

I found out my brother also secretly loves this song. We blast it when no one else is around and I like listening to it in the morning on the commute. It's such a 15 year-old kind of song. You know, when you're at that stage when the world is full of romance and possibilities.




This one is just too plain adorable for words:




I love Winnie the Pooh and love the song.




This is one of my all-time favourite songs and I never get sick of it:




Puppies are too much work but I think that a litter of blue-eyed white holland lop bunnies is exactly what I need:




This is one of the funniest videos I've come across on YouTube. Just do yourself a favour and watch:




Douchebag or not, one of his best songs and one of the few of his songs I enjoy (also good for the morning commute):




I liked Jimmy Kimmel much more before when he played the lovable pudgy fellow. Lately his sketches haven't been as good as, say, this one:




Ellen's "Dance Dares" have been making my day. I love it when the dancers get caught!




This one is so dumb that my siblings and I end up laughing until we're on the floor crying. Star Wars fans will love it.




Bring It On is, believe it or not, one of my favourite movies ever. "Hey, Mickie" always has a cheering effect:


SPIRIT FINGERS!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT post! I used to have a bunny-I miss her so much. She died recently :(

    I needed a pick me up and this did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so sorry. :(

      But I'm glad this was able to help a little!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I like Bring it On, too, actually...it's kind of clever. Loved the Ellen things, hate John Mayer, love Fireflies and Pooh :) I like happy things, too! I've been playing video games lately, haha. Advance Wars!!! Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any teen movies since that can replicate its self-mockery while being LOL funny!

      Errr, no clue about Advance Wars but I like the sound of it. Grrrr! Waaaar!! Raaaah!!!

      Delete
  3. The Handsome Men's Club is a good one.
    There are some videos that make me laugh:
    1) Maru! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08pVpBq706k&feature=my_favorites&list=FLmE3Bc3Gw8fs-PlRE_ANMsg
    2) more Maru! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK2cZOuvNv4&feature=my_favorites&list=FLmE3Bc3Gw8fs-PlRE_ANMsg
    3) I replayed this one countless times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF7b_MNEIAg
    I think I'm going to have to watch them again tonight.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL at dark side! And that Maru is hilarious too!!

      Thanks for the links. *hugs*

      Delete
  4. OMG, the bunnehs! Somebody gimme a bunneh right now! *cuddles*

    Also, the Handsome Men's Club is one of my favourite JK sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cuddles Dani whilst bunnehless* ;(

      I also love JK's running gag with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck!

      Delete
  5. Hey! Call Me Maybe's a favourite on my playlist at the moment too and I could listen to Fireflies all day long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I discover friends whose tastes align with mine, even with questionable music like Call Me Maybe! :)

      Delete
  6. Hehehehehe...the penguin video was so cute! I guess pretty much anything they do is though right? I hadn't heard of Ellen's Dance Dares (no daytime TV for me :(), they're great!! I also loved 'Bring It On' - it was one of the better 'teen' movies out there for sure. What happened to the brother - he was cute!! :P I also never saw the Handsome Men's Club skit - I'm so glad I took the time to watch that - hilarious!!! Thanks for starting my day off right Liz :) I hope these things had an awesome happifying effect for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooooooove penguins! You're right, anything they do is hilarious for some reason!

      I catch Ellen's clips online at YouTube. I don't even have cable TV (and haven't for years - it's all online now anyway).

      As for the guy from Bring It On, I recall he did a movie called Swim Fan with that chick who was like a Julia Stiles doppelganger, and then suddenly he disappeared. I imagine he got caught up in the wrong crowd, had a bad agent or pissed off someone in the industry!

      Haha, I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. OMG Bring it On changed my life especially with Hey Mickey! You just brought happiness to my hangover this morning. Also, I was having some karaoke fun last week and a completely typical dude-bro-frat-boy sang the heck out of Call Me Maybe. It was so fantastic! I think a lot of guys secretly (and maybe not to secretly) adore that song. Have a great weekend Liz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa now, don't tell me you became a CHEERTATOR! ;)

      I think Call Me Maybe is the latest anthem for the recently de-closeted, lol. Also, it's just damn fun. Nothing complicated about it.

      You too, Soha!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! Please refrain from including self-promotional links and URLs - such comments will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.