Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Recent Loves

Oh my... I'm finally feeling perky enough to write up posts during week nights. Woohoo!

Suddenly it's summer time in Toronto and it meant that I had to dig through my stash to rotate warm weather delights into the daily routine. I guess my mind is still set firmly on the aqua/coral combo as well as the sea.


Lise Watier Lip Kiss Crayon Gloss in Mango Punch; Essie Mint Candy Apple; Essie e-nuf is e-nuf

This Lise Watier Crayon Gloss is a punchy orangy-coral that coats the lips like lipstick but has the stickiness and gloss of an opaque gloss. If you love bright lips, you'll like this one. I was boarding the bright lips trend and getting more adventurous with makeup in early March but fell off the wagon pretty quickly. On Saturday while sporting a no foundation face, I put on my sunglasses and swiped on this crayon gloss and never felt more awesome. Instant mood picker upper! And so are the Essie polishes. I'm quite enamoured with e-nuf is e-nuf. Last week I wore it on my fingertips and this week it's on my toes (as shown in my previous post). I've yet to truly warm up to Mint Candy Apple but I think it'd look amazing with an all-white outfit or on toes with silver sandals.


Sephora Beach Glow Melted Body Butter

I'm not one to slather on bronzers, self-tanners or shimmery things, but here is this giant tube... and I swear on Chanel, Dior and Guerlain that I will do my best to use it up this summer. I haven't spent a lot of time outdoors yet but already the tops of my forehead and feet are slightly tanned. Applying this on my arms and legs will hopefully even out the shades all over when I choose to bare that much skin. (I'm always terrified of this staining white clothing though!)


H&M Bracelet

I don't like bracelets that dangle too much, and I always wear them on my left wrist because my dominant hand is the right and I don't like getting accessories caught on things or getting in the way. The dilemma is that I usually wear my beloved Burberry watch on my left wrist but it looks too damn serious for the summer season. I'm replacing it with jewellery instead. It's just a matter of getting used to, right? Right!


Oceane eau de toilette by Outremer

This is a medium sweet marine scent that instantly dispels fatigue and general feelings of the "bleh." (When I'm at the office, it's more like "BLEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH.") My daily love Caudalie Thé des Vignes definitely works better with my body chemistry, but the slight fruitiness of Oceane adds a playfulness that is essential to that laid back summer feeling. Spraying this brings me the same feeling as splurging on ice cream or running through the sprinklers on a really hot day.


H&M Necklace

I showed this already as a good match to Chanel June along with some greens. What I didn't know then was that this is a locket! There's a hinge and everything and I don't know how I missed it. My mom took one look at it and asked whose picture was in it and I was like, "IT OPENS???" Would it be weird and sad if I store my vitamin pills in it? First of all, who develops photos these days anyway, and secondly, who has the time to develop a face that small and cut it out to fit it into a locket? (Props if you do.) Thirdly, whose face shall I choose??? (I can't help but be reminded of this little scene from one of my all-time favourite shows. <3 VP Clemmons.)


What are you guys enjoying lately? What are your new or old summer loves? FACES OR VITAMINS???

34 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the Lise Watier Crayon Gloss. Oh, and that bracelet is super cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The LW lippie is a glossier more orangey version of that BITE pencil you posted about. I can totally see you rocking it. :D

      Delete
  2. Firstly, VERONICA MARS!!!! :D :D :D

    God, I miss that show so much. :(

    I choose faces, 'cause I'm old school like that. And also because I don't have vitamins... (BTW, I would totally be putting a picture of Paul Wesley in my locket, 'cause I AM ON TEAM STEFAN FOREVER. ...I may have finished half of Season 3...)

    I love all things cosmetics, but I just cannot board the self-tanner/tint/liquid bronzing train...

    WOOHOO, BRIGHT LIPS. That's my main summer love... I've been wearing MAC's Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Love Forever! a lot recently. :) Other summer staples of mine is Fresh's Sugar Lychee Eau de Parfum, MAC Springsheen blush, pretty much any aqua/turquoise/seafoam green nail polishes, Lush's Big Shampoo, and iced coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only started to take multivitamins because my nails kept breaking. You'd do it for your nails, too!

      LOL @ the Paul Wesley picture. He's definitely prettier than Somerhalder. Frankly I'm not a fan of either Salvatore and prefer Alaric. :)

      I just googled Love Forever! and it's one of those colours that I'm deathly afraid of. But baby steps! And I'm definitely with you on aqua polish and iced coffee. :DDD

      Delete
  3. Feeling pretty restless lately but a package came in the mail yesterday so I am perking up. Lots of new things to play with.. including a little vile of Hourglass' new (super expensive) primer!

    If the locket was big enough, I'd stick change or pills in it too. I'd love to stick a picture and be all gushy/sentimental but I find it slightly creepy cutting out someones head from a photo.... Don't get me started on people who have locks of hair in lockets... *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! More presents from the SO? :)

      It's not big enough for change except for a couple of dimes maybe. I didn't even think about hair because it's such an old fashioned thing to do but it's totally gross now. Blegh!

      Delete
  4. Liz! Sounds like you're feeling better. :D Hope so anyway. I love the Outremer bottle & intrigued by the Lise Watier crayon--don't think we have that in the US though!

    Also, I'd like to say that you have inspired me to the Reductionista way of life; I made a MAC order for ONLY brush cleaner because I had used up my entire bottle. I'm pretty sure this is a first for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely felt better when I was posting this! Thank you!

      Just looked up shipping info on the Lise Watier site and they're still not delivering to the US. :(

      I'm really flattered to have inspired anything because I'm a worse reductionista than a lot of other people who haven't declared themselves anything of the sort, but thank you for telling me! :) Keep me updated!

      Delete
  5. I hope you're much better, Liz :) All your picks look amazing, the Oceane sounds especially appealing and that bracelet is to die for... but I agree about wearing bracelets being uncomfortable at times, I'm not a huge arm candy person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Monika. Oceane is only $20 if you need a new summer perfume. ;)

      The only thing I wear regularly are necklaces but I get sucked in by a pretty bracelet once in a while, especially in the summer when our arms are bare. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Liz! I love marine fragrances, and I am entranced by the bottle of Oceane eau de toilette. It looks so vintage and beautiful.

    My current favs are my brushes. They never let me down, and I never have to choose a color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that the scent feels kind of young and immature to me but that's a part of its appeal. :) It's not a "true" marine scent (however it's classified - and I say this because the fruity notes can be too sweet) but still refreshing and breezy.

      Ah, brushes. I get especially paranoid about cleaning them in the summer. Though lately I've been applying things with my hands more than brushes.

      Delete
  7. Isn't it wonderful when something unexpectedly surprises you like the locket? EVERYTHING in this post is gorgeous Liz, you obviously do love all of these things because your descriptions make me want them all too! I love summery marine fragrances and Oceane sounds lovely. I like the traditional bottle design too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the bottle! I hope it's available somewhere in AUS because it's quite nice and affordable (only CAD$22 at Anthropologie). In any case, I'm sure you have similar nail polishes in your stash. :)

      Delete
  8. LOL Liz. I agree about bracelets - they always go on my left hand because my right hand is a working hand, damnit. That shit gets in the way. I like bangles better than loose bracelets, though, I think. I don't know. What do I know?

    As for the locket, uh, sticking faces in it is weird. But that's just me. Vitamins is also weird, though, lol. Just leave it empty? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands never fit into bangles unless they're the opening kind. :(

      Hahaha! I love how you tell it like it is. I was wondering why nobody called me a weirdo for the vitamin idea. LOL It's a bad habit of mine to fill up every empty space. No matter how big of a bag I carry, I always manage to fill it to the brim. Can't help it! Same thing with jewellery apparently. @_@

      Delete
  9. Great picks Liz =] Ahh, the necklace is so beautiful; I think coral is so in for the summer and love love the color! The fragrance sounds amazing, and the name is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! Me too, I'm so into this orange/coral phase. I hope it never passes. :)

      Delete
  10. I am in love with that bracelet, but I agree, nothing too big or dangly on my right wrist or it will promptly be removed. Vitamins ftw. I always wondered that myself, I guess maybe I would put pictures of my dogs but with a space that small they'd probably look creepy instead of the cuteness that they are. Is it easy to open or did you have incorporate any LIZ HULK SMASH in the equation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh noooooooo, no HULK SMASHing my pretty baubles! lol It was easy to open once I realized that it... opens. I felt so dumb! Arianne gave me permission to use her cat's pic, LOL.

      Delete
  11. I love your recent loves. All of them. Especially the Oceane frangrance. I love that one a lot-smells so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy! Love it when someone knows what I'm talking about and validates it. ;)

      Delete
  12. ohh man that Oceane eau de toilette by Outremer sounds divine. I could sure use it this week oh boy o.O Love the bracelet! Umm, not at all sad to put vitamins in there, I store emergency painkillers in my Esme perfume pendant lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can! It's quite cheap for a perfume - only USD$20!

      OMG, you're on the same wavelength, bless you. Today I decided to store the vitamins in the travel size tube of Tylenol I always carry, so the locket is vacant still. ;(

      Delete
  13. I'm really liking the sound of that Lise Watier Crayon Gloss - I've recently fallen for lip products that come in pencil form, and this not only sounds great, but I love the colour! Actually, I loved looking at all of your little tableau - so summery and happy looking! Good to have you back, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eugenia! You know me and I know you - summer brings us ALIIIIVE! I can't wait until it gets a little hotter and then it'll be all about cool whites and breezy things. :DDD

      Delete
  14. nice post Liz! Def Vitamins!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, one more vote for the crazy vitamins! ;)

      Delete
  15. I don't think I've ever put a photo in a locket, so my vote goes to vitamins too! Though it might look a little funny when you take it out haha. And as for bracelets/bangles, I always take them off (either hand) when I'm at the office. My colleagues always comment on all the jewellery lying on my desk whilst I work! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of taking it out! You're right, it's weird. lol

      Yesterday my necklace was making me feel itchy around the neck so I had to dump it on my desk, too. Honestly, I really just want to turn my work area into a boudoir. Now how many shoes do you have under your desk?!?? LOL (I have 4 pairs in my cabinet...)

      Delete
  16. VITAMINS!!! I always forget to take mine, so this would be perfect :P

    I love that bracelet Liz, it looks so stupidly Summery I can hardly stand it! Definitely put the watch on the backburner, *just for now*, and rock this out!

    I always enjoy these kinds of posts because you put together such nice color schemes, what great visuals! I picture a fabulous, classy yet carefree woman when I look at this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the matching ring to the bracelet but they were all out. :`(```

      Thanks, Toya! I'm going to remember that nice comment the next time I put any of these on and rock it out like you say. :)

      Delete
  17. OMG, LOVE that bracelet and the necklace!! Why is it every time I go to H&M, I can NEVER find the really cute stuff? I think I just get overwhelmed by the general disorganization and am unable to focus :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does require a lot of focus! There's so much stuff that you have to take your time and scour the store for at least an hour. I'm a very focused shopper though. :)

      Delete

Join the discussion and thanks for your comment!

Please note that comments containing links will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.