Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sample Month Day 29: Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Tatcha has been garnering a bit of attention among beauty bloggers lately, so I was thrilled when Mary gave me some of their famous Rice Enzyme Powder samples. This one is the Classic version, and it's the only one I've tried so I can't tell you the difference between this, the Gentle and the Deep. Yep, this review is off to a great start...


I couldn't hold the fine white powdery substance in wet hands AND hold a camera at the same time, so no demo pictures for you - but I will try with the next one! In any case, picture something that looks a lot like the MUFE HD Powder and imagine rubbing that into your wet face with wet hands. It becomes a white paste that you rub gently over your face for a very mild exfoliation experience with zero irritation.

Unfortunately with my Hulk-like tendencies, I splashed too much water into the mixture and the paste became super runny. It didn't feel like I was exfoliating at all, but by the time I rinsed and dried, my face felt soft and smooth and I could see why this product was sending people into delighted frenzy. I've been giving the Clarisonic Mia a break and using this to gently exfoliate while washing your face at the same time is kind of a winning combination.


For more info on the brand and on the product (because this was kind of a crap review), see Dovey and Xiao's posts on Tatcha and go lemming your heart out.

Sample received as gift. (Thanks, Mary!)

16 comments:

  1. I must be living in a cave; time to surface and put my ear to the ground as to what boggers are freaking out over, and stop testing, swatching & writing -- lol!!

    I've never heard of this brand or even seen a rice powder, but I can certainly understand its appeal; rice powder is fabulous for its gentle exfoliating properties and how well it absorbs excess oil on the skin. Ok....adding this to that ever-growing list of stuff to look into...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a L'Occitane rice mask that I haven't tried yet - sounds about right and I hope it works!

      So far all the Tatcha posts I've come across have been rave reviews. I don't know where it's sold in Canada either, though I have seen the very fancy blotting linens at some Chapters-Indigo locations.

      Delete
  2. Lol at your hulk-like tendencies. I've been using the Skin Authority exfoliating cleanser I won from Dovey and it is...scratchy. But not when my face is really moisturized, if that makes sense? It's weird. It's making me think about cleansers a little differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I think physical exfoliants can be so hit/miss depending on one's skin type. I can take the super grainy stuff that everyone says scratches up their faces while some people die over the slightest bit of abrasion. Would love to see a review on this and the new perspective!

      Delete
  3. Mary gave me a few samples, too, so now I'm super intrigued. May have to try it out tonight!

    I've only ever used their blotting papers that I bought a few years ago in NYC and they're carried at Sephora now but I have no idea where their skincare is available here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try the "deep" version tonight and see if I can do it properly this time, lol.

      That blotting paper is too fancy for me. BUT SO PRETTY! I don't like to spend a lot on skincare so I can never order blindly without testing it somewhere first. Maybe Sephora will eventually carry the rest of the line.

      Delete
  4. Haha I love your inner hulk. :) This sounds cool-like the Dermalogica one. I wish they were more readily available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe :)

      I haven't tried the Dermalogica one but heard good stuff about it as well. Since it's getting more popular, I'm sure we'll see it around these parts eventually.

      Delete
  5. Aww! My darling wife, the Hulk :D I LOVE this stuff! I've tried many similar products and this is by FAR the best! It's SO effective but also really, really gentle. Literally in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling light of my life, I'm so glad to hear that! Honestly, I haven't come across one bad review and your seal of approval means a lot. Hopefully they'll start being stocked more prominently here in Canadia eventually!

      Delete
  6. Aww, you don't know your own strength! I'm putting my hand up to admit my ignorance - I know nothing about rice enzyme powder :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either! This is all very new to me as well. :)

      Delete
  7. YayyY!!! So glad you liked this. I also have the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, but I'm not a huge fan of the scent (don't know if it's just me).

    Honestly, I'm kind of glad Tatcha is almost impossible to find here in Toronto especially now that Shop Pretty's closed down :( because I'd be doing all kinds of harm to my bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds similar to AmorePacific's enzyme exfoliator, which I got a sample of ages ago, and you do the same - add water to the powder and then massage it on the face like a cleanser. It did a great job of leaving my skin soft and smooth and is an excellent alternative to scrubs for people like myself who find granular products too abrasive for their sensitive skin. I keep hearing about Tatcha too but no enough yet to get my heart beating fast...though this firmly puts the brand on my radar!

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion and thanks for your comment!

Please note that comments containing links will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.