Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sample Month Day 4: YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 1 Le Rouge

In English: Pure Colour Lipstick in 1 Blood Red, which doesn't sound anywhere near as glamorous as PUR COUTURE LE ROUGE. Despite living in a bilingual country, my French is horrrrrible. QUELLE HORREUR!!!

Okay, enough goofing. The sample of this lipstick appears to be quite generous at first, but it's due to the bulky square packaging of the tube rather than the lipstick content. Still, I love it when a sample is packaged as nicely as the regular product. YSL is one of those brands I don't go near much. Most of it has to do with how expensive it is... and some of it has to do with the shiny gold packaging. I'm afraid of getting my fingerprints all over the shiny surface. It's maybe my dumbest makeup quirk.



The swatches below are all done with single swipes. No layering! Vibrant, juicy, opaque red in one glide. The lipstick feels smooth and creamy on my rather dry lips. I didn't have the chance to test this for an entire day and can't testify as to its longevity, but given that it's a creamy formula, I wouldn't count on it to last through an exciting meal although it does leave behind a lovely light stain upon removal with tissue.



Regular size retails for USD$32/CAD$38, and if I were a devoted red lipstick lover and regularly purchase luxurious lipsticks, I would gladly shell out for this beauty. I already have plenty of red lippies and probably could live on this sample alone for years to come. For those looking for a smooth, satin finish red, I totally recommend this. I've never paid $40 for a lipstick, though. When the day comes, I'll be torn between YSL, Hourglass, Armani, Burberry and Guerlain.

Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Stearyl/Ppg-3 Myristyl Ether Dimer Dilinoleate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Polybutene, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Titanium Dioxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Aqua (Water), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Mannitol , Polyurethane-15, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract , Yeast (Faex) Extract , Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Citric Acid [+/- May Contain: Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Silica, Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 73360 (Red 30), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite.

Sample provided by Loose Button.

30 comments:

  1. What a fancy little sample! Can't believe that's the color in one swipe. I've never spent $40 on a lipstick either. I'll probably be torn with those brands you said above...plus Chanel and Tom Ford. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now that you mention it - yes, Chanel and Tom Ford too, lol!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, so pretty! I love the vibrancy of the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'm a little shy of wearing it to the office though. :<

      Delete
  3. Totally, totally love this! As I've been on quite the red lipstick craze lately, I will SO be checking this out at the counter and if all goes well, guess what will be coming home with me? lol! Sadly, I've shelled out that kind of cash for many lipsticks in the past and they didn't all perform, but I've yet to be disappointed with YSL. PS: I hate getting fingerprints all over the gold packaging too, but I've used the compacts as mirrors in a pinch, so think of them as multi-purpose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, spoken like a true expert. :D I'm quite happy with my sample so no need for me to go on a lipstick bender at this point, but I'm glad to hear that you will be giving it a look. It's very pretty and I KNOW you can rock this. Do it! :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! My sister has a couple YSL glosses and I couldn't believe the vibrancy of each colour. I think I might really splurge on a lipstick only after finishing a tube of my own reds (yeah right!). Also my French is AWFFFFFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to lust after their glosses but my attention got diverted! There are holiday sets of glosses now that look very tempting. x__x

      Lisa Eldridge just did a video on red lips and she showcased this Maybelline one that looks pretty good. I wish drugstores would stop making such good stuff so that we can move on to the high-end things. LOL

      Delete
  5. $40? Dude. If you ever decide you want to spend that much, I'll CP Burberry or Tom Ford for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep that in mind. It's going to be a while before I go looking for lipsticks in that range but who knows when the time of need will come!

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty blue-red. Only I won't pay $40 for it too. That much can buy me a whole lipstick collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often have to make that choice between quantity/quality. Sometimes a little tube of luxury is what you really need, sometimes an entire batch of lipsticks is it.

      Delete
  7. I have this one too but haven't tried it yet. But I'm with Larie-a Burberry one is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys have to stop telling me about the amazingness of Burberry. @__@

      Delete
  8. Oooh it may not be as big as it seems but it's still quite a lot for a sample! And I agree--I LOVE when samples are packaged so beautifully! Such a delight! This is an insanely gorgeous red. And that rich color--it's so pigmented and beautiful!! I haven't graduated to red lips yet, but when I do I'll be sure to keep this one in mind! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I'll ever use the whole thing! I can't wait until you graduate. I just know you are going to pick up some really good things. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm not above paying $30-something dollars for a lipstick, and this is a lovely shade! I love the little lipstick samples, they're probably my favorite type of beauty sample; they're just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these minis so much that I'm hoping makeup companies will just start producing miniatures as a regular thing. Easier to finish AND to buy more of. ;)

      Delete
  10. Hi Liz, what a great sample and a vibrant color! I do appreciate the similar attention to detail in packaging; it makes it seem like a sample worthy of a spot in the daily beauty rotation. I don't have any YSL either, though their colors are beautiful. The fingerprint thought actually does cross my mind too, as I like to wipe prints even on shiny black plastic. I bet mirrored would drive me nuts!

    Also, I REALLY like the new pebble, white, black, and lake coloring; it's so soothing and complementary to your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dovey! I like the white background but didn't want it to feel too sterile. Your comment just made my day. :D

      I was really surprised by how nice this lipstick felt on the lips! Guess a part of me didn't think their price was justified prior to testing it out. Sometimes I just sit down and give all my compacts and palettes a good cleaning with some wet wipes, lol.

      Delete
  11. hahahah Liz I love you. You keep goofing! This red is GORGEOUS, oh be still my beating heart!! Lipstick samples are my absolute favorite, and this one is adorable. You rock that red :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, there's my wayward Bandit! :D It's been a while since I was excited about a lipstick sample - most are such hideous shades. Thanks and I hope to rock it very soon. :)

      Delete
  12. I recently purchased Rouge Pur Couture in Rose Stiletto. LOVE IT. So glad I finally caved and bought it. I wore it for about 6 hours and it didn't dry my lips out. It did fade a little but like you said, it leaves a bit of a stain behind so it's not noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on longevity of lipsticks because we can just whip it out and reapply! That's half the fun, isn't it? Rose Stiletto looks lovely and I'm glad you love it. :D

      Delete
  13. burberry & guerlain!! AND tom ford! i do like the hearts you drew and the shade is pretty though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely heart this sample! So prettily packaged and the juicy, vibrant red is a colourbomb! Lemming Liz strikes again :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is seriously one of my favourite lipstick formulas of ALL TIME, which is really saying something considering how many lipsticks I have, lol. I think this colour might be my next Rouge Pur Couture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SERIOUSLY!!! That is just... wow. :D The shade is pure classic and totally worth having!

      Delete

Join the discussion and thanks for your comment!

Please note that comments containing links will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.