Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sample Month Day 8: Hoot! Hoot! Lip Gloss

(0,0)

Hey, what do you see above this line? I had this hilarious math teacher in high school who kept insisting that the point of origin looked like an owl. As he began the lesson, he'd always shout, "OWL!" Aaaand that's basically all I remember from that class. But I had a fondness for owls long before I learned anything about the point of origin.


I picked up this guy at Indigo because I could not resist that face staring up at me from the plastic bins along the line to the cashier. In fact, I bought him along with a friend so that he wouldn't be lonely.

I have no use for these sort of glosses and meant to use the owls as props and such. But this week is kicking my butt and I haven't had time to line up any more "samples" for this month. So I flipped him over and dug into the pit of lemony, gooey, sticky gloss within.



It's not a balm and it's a horrible gloss. I don't really mean to use this up but at least I know what's in there. It's okay to gift these guys to your 8 year-old nieces who are exploring lip balms and glosses. There's no colour whatsoever and they'll be more preoccupied by the adorableness of the owls instead of the yucky "gloss."


I purchased my owls at Indigo. You can find more at Plasticland and Pier 1 Imports.

OWLS.

16 comments:

  1. OMG math nerd happiness. OWLS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I love the owls, do not love the look of the gloss/balm (why do they do that???). I've always liked owls, too, although in general I love all birds...they're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's half toy, half fake gloss. So, mostly toy, I guess. :) I found some gorgeous owl mugs that I really really want to splurge on. SO MUCH TEMPTATIONS THIS MONTH - UGH.

      Delete
  3. OWL!! HAHAHAHA man, math teachers crack me up trying to make math cool and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OWL!

      That teacher was pretty funny. There was a guy in the class who was getting like a 49 and the teacher made him promise never to take another math class again if he passed him with a 50 so that he can graduate. I can't remember the name for the life of me but I remember that and owls and that he liked ZZ Tops, lol.

      Delete
  4. I have the same type of horrible balm/gloss that comes disguised as a raspberry chocolate praline - that's also the scent of the gloss and the only nice thing about it. The praline packaging is adorable though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the gloss was really just an excuse to make cute pralines and owls!!

      Delete
  5. Erm--that not-balm/gloss is really strange-looking to say the least. But owl?? SO CUTE!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow-woooooooooooool! Speaking of birds, I woke up this morning to a bunch of doves screaming their lil' heads off outside my window. I mean, we think of doves as all cute and peaceful and crap, but man, they have some sharp squacks at 7am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, love the howl. :) Why were they screaming?? The only time a bird squawked non-stop outside our windows was when the nest fell and the mother lost her eggs. :(

      Delete
  7. Sure the stuff inside isn't great but those owls are TOO CUTE! I'd buy these for the package!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, kindred spirit!!! HOOOOOOT HOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!! :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.