Sunday, December 2, 2012

November Deliveries

Part 2 of my insane haul!

Here's the thing: if I had had any idea how many goodies were headed my way, I might have been stronger against the desire to purchaser earlier on in the month. I am always surprised by packages that end up in the mail box or left on the front porch. I don't really expect PRs to contact me as much as they do and I don't expect anything from friends even if we decided to do swaps. Also, I underestimate my ability to score bonuses and samples. I'm a savvy shopper. Someone please remind me of that next month.

I forgot one purchase from the last post. The L'Occitane boutique near my work was having a special event and I received 15% off as well as a nice collection of samples on two giant sizes of the Shea Butter Hand Cream and the 25% Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream. I think they are holy grail materials but don't quote me on that yet.


Samples:


Going forward, everything is freebies, extras and gifts.

The Classic Sample Kit from Sephora Online when I purchased the LORAC PRO Palette and Becca Resurfacing Primer, which includes:
MUFE HD Powder
NARS Velvelt Gloss Lip Pencil in Lover
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara (reviewed here)
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Sephora Brand Primer
Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover (reviewed here)
Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y. EDP
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom EDP
Stila In The Light Shadow Palette Sampler

...all housed in Sephora makeup bag. I think it was worth the purchase as I am going to use 95% of these things. The only items I don't care for are the Sephora primer and NARS gloss pencil.


Sephora 100 Points Perks and Free Samples:

Ojon Rare Blend Oil
Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (reviewed here)
Lancome La Vie est Belle
Marchesa Parfum D'Extase


Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
Marc Jacobs DOT EDP
Balenciaga Paris EDP


Lancome GWP:

My mom needed moisturizers so I got her a holiday gift set from Lancome which came with a GWP. She took most of the GWP items but gave me the shadows and nude lipstick. I'm going to use the shadow but have no use for a nude lippie, although it does look pretty and formulation looks creamy and rich.


Bond No. 9 Samples:

And earlier on in the month (or late October - can't remember), I got the Bond No. 9 samples that was promised by the sales associate at The Bay (Queen Street). Unfortunately they weren't the ones I wanted, but whatevs.


Klout Perks:

Aveeno Baby Daily Lotion
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

 (full sizes - holy cow - go sign up at Klout if you use Twitter or Facebook)


Swaps with Blogger Friends:

One day I was talking about winter teas with beautiful Monika of Rocaille Writes and we decided to send each other some of our faves. And being who we are, we had to throw some makeup into the mix as well. She sent me teas, chocolates and...

Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells Palette
Wet n Wild Knock on Wood Palette
Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette
Murad Clarifying Cleanser (I now have two - yay!)
Ahava Time To Clear Purifying Mud Mask
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

I love how everything was so beautifully packaged and how thoughtful she was in the choices, knowing my skin type and near finish to the lippies ban! Thanks, Moni!!! :-)


And I met up with Mary and Denise at Mercatto for a lovely dinner and a rather spontaneous shopping excursion to the newly renovated Sephora at the Eaton Centre. I love it when three of my favourite things come together: good food, goods in the form of beauty products and fabulous bloggers. We pigged out on good Italian food and basically ended up trading bagfuls of goodies, and the results were:

Lancome Bi-Facil (that's two of these scored this month!)
TATCHA Rice Enzyme Powder Samples (reviewed here)
Shiseido Samples (reviewed here and here)
Clinique Blush, Gloss & Mascara (blush was stolen by sister)
Eminence Organic Skin Care Samples

From Mary

MAC Prep + Prime
MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Stubborn
MAC Eye Shadow in Gilt by Association
MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Orpheus
(and a palette that I gave to my sister)

From Denise

You girls rock! :-)

PR Samples:

Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner (to be reviewed)


Matrix Biolage ExquisiteOil Shampoo and Conditioner (to be reviewed)
In a rare move, I actually asked to review this line out of curiosity.


Aaaaaaaaaaand that's it!

So my sister walked into my room the other day, picked up one of these things laying around to be photographed and asked, "When or how will you use up all of these things?????"

Well, I really didn't have an answer for that and I still don't. But one way of purging is to put together a box of items to be donated to a women's shelter, which an associate at my office organizes each year. The difficulty is in the fact that I need to be donating new and untested items. I've been careful not to touch something if I feel that I'm not going to like it or use it, so those will go into the donation box. And I'm debating hosting a second blog sale to get rid of things that aren't getting any love, not out of necessity like the last time which sprang some regrets months later, but to purge unwanted items that others might like at discounted price.

Like I said about a month ago, it would be nice to start 2013 on a fresh, clean slate. I'm liking that idea more and more, even as I manage to continue to accrue new things. Let's see how things go this month, starting with some empties and taking stock of what I need and don't need.

42 comments:

  1. *flails* All the things! It's nice to swap things sometimes. I HAVE MORE THINGS FOR YOU. So that's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I forgot, LOL! Thanks for the reminder. :D I should have sent yours today but got lazy and didn't leave the house. This week for sure. :)

      Delete
    2. No worries! I have to package yours up but I think I might need one of those flat rate things, LOL

      Delete
    3. I hope that doesn't mean you're sending too much...!

      Delete
  2. GOOD SCORES!

    I hate samples so much that I have over 1,000 Sephora VIB points right now and refuse to use on their stupid perks right now, LOL. The last time I redeemed points was when they had those 30 ml tubes of Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Foaming Gel. REALLY came in handy for travel, and I still have three! :D But I seldom like anything they offer as the VIB freebies.

    When are we going to pig out again? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your strategy is sound, my friend. That's how I should roll, too, but I'm still way too curious for my own good.

      This month is kind of insane but we should tweet and figure it out! If not in Dec, definitely in January. We need to exchange post holiday hauls, maybe. LOL

      Delete
  3. Liz, you're funny! LOL <3 I agree, sometimes when my sisters tell me the mailbox is overflowing with my packages, I think she overreacts. She then proceed to tell me that the Canada Post lady has resorted to dumping all my packages on the front porch! I kind of want to complain about this to Canada Post, but then again, I receive more packages tahn is good for my wallet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I don't do much ordering online so packages on the porch is not a problem. They all come from various sources anyway, so Canada Post isn't entirely to blame. :) I love that all your makeup doesn't fit in the mail, lol!

      Delete
  4. In awe of both haul posts :D But I feel you, I really do and I'm trying to streamline too, but its hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's downright impossible as a blogger! I'm on the verge of giving up! lol

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the mention, that was super sweet, Liz! Very impressive pickups and deliveries - I actually have a haul coming very soon too, we kinda have a reverse posting order this month: I did empties first and then I'm doing the haul, you did the hauls, then you're doing the empties :) Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are super sweet! :D

      Great minds indeed! There were actually a couple of posts of yours that I was going to do similar posts about, like the tea one. But mine never happened and now I think I'll just slip in a mention of a tea here and there instead of devoting a post to it. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow-lotsa' new stuff for you this month! You deserve it Liz. And don't get rid of things too hastily this time!
    My self, I plan on donating I crap load of things to a women's shelter. I think that it's such a good thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that was kind of stupid of me. (Or stoopid as you like to say now, lol.) I didn't regret at the time but now I want half of those things back and it's not a good feeling. Lesson learned!

      How often do you donate? I think this is just an annual event for me, unless someone literally comes to my door to collect.

      Delete
  7. Nice haul girl! Looks nice November was a successful month in beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, GirlieBlogger! Successful in beauty, fail in so many other ways, lol.

      Delete
  8. Golly, now that is a haul! I adore L'Occitane stuff, shea butters, skin care, the whole lot and will be getting the baby stuff for my little boy <3
    So sweet of you to donate :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. :) I'm actually going to send the baby samples to a friend who just gave birth. How old is your little boy?

      Delete
    2. He is 4, will be turning 5 this January :) Still like a baby though!

      Delete
  9. Hi Liz, Lots to love again! The L'Occitane gift looks aweseome + I'd love to get my hands on Marchesa and MJ Dot samples too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that you had already reviewed DOT? Really looking forward to the polka dot related visuals you're sure to treat us with! :)

      Delete
  10. What can I say but ooooooohhhhh!!!! YOU DESERVE ALL OF IT!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I have always wanted to try Eminence Organic! You MUST tell us how you end up liking it, wifey!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but will make an effort to review more samples in the future. :DD

      Delete
  12. SOO MANY THINGS! How fun! YAY FOR THINGS FOR LIZ! lol. but in all seriousness, as much as i love stuff I do not know how either of us will be using them up. this weekend i'm putting together all kinds of gift baggies for friends and coworkers. Really probably every girl i know lol. I wish i had sisters. or my boyfriend had sisters. or that either of our moms cared about beauty. OH wait, his best friend's mom does. HMM! Lol. Man, I'm such a spaz. ALSO EMPTIES!! GO LIZ!!! finish all the things!! I'm trying hard to finish what i can before 2013 too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Joyce

      I have two sisters but they don't want anymore stuff from me, hahahaha. I'll have to adopt new sisters. ;)

      Delete
  13. oh goodness, Monika wraps things so prettily hahah! I think those L'occitane goodies are HG for sure, have fun using them :) And good for you for donating! I'd really like to do it but ughh most everything has been used at least once so I usually just give things away to my friends if they say they like something and it's not part of my HG rotation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the using part is a real deterrent to being able to donate more, but I understand the shelters don't want people tossing all their junk at the poor destitute women in need. If I feel that an item is perfectly sanitary and only very lightly swatched, I still add it to the donate pile. :s

      Delete
  14. SO PRETTY! I've been thinking of picking up MAC's Strobe Cream. Have you tried their skin products before this primer you have now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have MAC's Strobe Cream and I think it's good, but you might wanna try Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector. It's awesome AND has SPF which I love because that's ONE full step eliminated from my daily makeup routine.

      Delete
    2. Hi, Mary!! I've never tried any MAC skincare actually! Not counting the wet wipes that is. :)

      I swatched the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector first thing because Lisa Eldridge always makes it look so pretty in her YT videos. I don't really need any more highlighters though, so that's not really a concern. :)

      Delete
  15. LOL!!! Your sister's smart -- that blush is SUPER flattering. I love it so much.

    And I think you're gonna love the Prep + Prime with SPF 50 because it's just about the best primer WITH SPF in the universe.

    Also, I have the same sized jar of MUFE HD powder. I was thinking of getting the full size, but you need so little of the product to set your foundation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shit, what shade was that blush???? I have to steal it back now! :D

      I like Prep & Prime but still prefer Hourglass Veil Mineral by a tad bit more! Still, in the summer, P&P is going to rock!

      I can't fathom finishing a full jar of any loose powders - why are they so humongous?? I wanted the small size on purpose so that I don't have to pay for it but still be able to use it for a gazillion years, LOL.

      Delete
  16. Ok, now I'm just getting a bit envious lol...so many awesome things! I have hardly bought anything, much less anything exciting. I sometimes get the urge to throw prudence to the wind, but I'm so boringly restrained. Honestly, I need loose a little more when it comes to shopping (in other areas...I think I'm doing just fine haha). I can totally understand why you went for the Sephora purchases, those are some amazing samples! I'm surprized you didn't like the NARS pencil, I think Lover is quite pretty for a more neutral shade!

    Your swap scores are frickin' awesome, and Denise really is the MAC fairy! I get giddy just thinking about all these goodies, have fun and play double for me ok, Liz? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This month has not been kind and I haven't had a lot of time to play with this stuff, but you bet I will play hard in 2013. You're welcome to play with if you ever make it down to Toronto again. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.